MHDT Lab – Stockholm DAC
Building on the success of the Havana DAC, the new Stockholm DAC from MHDT Lab added the 24 bit / 192kHz High Definition capability to the same analog circuit that made Havana a Music Lovers’ favorite.
Read the full review of Havana DAC at Positive Feedback Online:
… The Havana is a very musical USB DAC that always delivers a pleasurable listening session across a broad range of musical styles and variable recording quality. The way the Havana presents the musical content or recordings is simply beautiful, with timbre and time elements (melody, tempo, dynamics, rhythm, etc.) portrayed in outstanding and musically natural fashion. Of equal importance is the superb presentation of the audio bokeh of the non-musical elements of recordings like imaging, soundstaging, detail recovery, and the like, that always complemented, but never detracted, from the core musical performance— an outstanding combination of traits that the design team at Mhdt Labs deserves kudos for getting it so right.
A Music Lover’s DAC with a Tube (valve) buffered output stage.
Now in 24bit / 192kHz
- Stockholm DAC is a non over-sampling and no digital filter DAC.
- Stockholm DAC is a successor model of our successful Havana series DAC.
- The analog section circuit is the same as Havana DAC.
- The digital receiving section changed from CS8414 to CS8416 to get higher capacity of incoming S/PDIF format.
- Stockholm DAC is capable of up to 24bits/192kHz digital signal inputs yet remains driving legendary PCM56P R-2R digital to analog output.
- The USB input section is capable of up to 24bit/96kHz without extra driver installed,
- The USB input section can be configured to be synchronous or asynchronous operation by firmware.
- Total four independent digital inputs; BNC, USB, RCA and Toslink.
- The 4 digital inputs are independent to each other, only one among them will be active and is controlled by the tact switches located in front panel.
- Available in black and sliver cabinet, when you order please specify black or silver case.
- Digital Receiver CS8416
- D/A converter PCM56P-J
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 18 kHz (¡Ó 2dB)
- Output impedance: 32 ohms
- Output level: 1.1 Vrms
- USB input 16, 24 bits 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz no drivers required
- USB input supports Linux, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Apple Mac.
- USB input can be synchronous or asynchronous depends on firmware installed
- All other inputs (SPDIF) 16, 24 bits 32 kHz up to 192 kHz
- Dimensions clear (W x D X H) 276 x 150 x 60 mm
- Dimensions w/ socket (W x D X H) 295 x 170 x 60 mm
- Weight 2 kg